Pedro was driving down the street in a sweat because he had an important
meeting and couldn't find a parking place.
Looking up toward heaven, he said "Lord, take pity on me. If you find me a
parking place I will go to Mass every Sunday for the rest of my life and
give up tequila."
Miraculously, a parking place appeared.
Pedro looked up again and said "Never mind. I found one."
If it helped England it will help the Zims. They need all the help they can get.
This is from Margaret Kriel's Morning Mirror, please try and pass it on to as many people as you can,
Many thanks, Lorraine."Dear World, I am a 16 year old person living in Zimbabwe. I think the time has come for a more direct appeal, and so I am writing to you, the world. Maybe, just maybe, there might be someone out there who can help us...It's tough here now. The inflation rate is so high that if you don't change money within 6 hours you could get half the amount of foreign currency that you would have originally received. We're starving now; people die around us. In the last year alone at least ten people associated personally with my family have died despite the fact that they were only middle-aged. Other people don't make it to middle age. They don't even make it past childhood.Our once-proud nation is on it's knees. We flee or die. This beautiful, bountiful once-rich land has become a living hell. We have dealt with it until now; we have made a plan. That was the Zimbabwean motto: "MAKE A PLAN". But now we can't make a plan.
We're too tired, too broken, too bankrupt.
We can't afford life, and life does not cost much, not really.
We cannot afford to eat, we cannot afford to drink, and we cannot afford to make mistakes, because if we do we die.
We don't have the capital to support ourselves, and those few who do, have to deal with the horror of watching their friends and family fall into absolute poverty as they cannot afford to help them.
We're waiting desperately for a great hand to pick us up out of the dirt because at the moment we are outnumbered by Fate herself, and so we close our eyes and pray.
We have fought for too long, and have been brought to breaking point.
We simply stand, heads down, and bear it.
Our spirit has gone; we are defeated.
After a valiant struggle of over fifteen years, we have been broken.
There is no will left, no spirit. Like a horse that has been beaten until it cannot fight anymore; we are the same, and, like that horse, we stand dusty, scarred and alone, with dried blood on our sides and lash marks along our flanks.
Our ribs too stand out; our hide is also dull.
Our eyes are glazed, our throats are parched, and our knees struggle to support us so that we stand with splayed legs to bear the brunt of the next beating, too dejected even to whimper...This is my plea.
The thought of picking ourselves up again is sickening; one can only take so many blows before oblivion is reached, and we are teetering on the rim of the bottomless void. One more push will be the end of us all...There must be someone out there who can do something.
There must be someone out there who cares!
We are a destroyed nation, and the world sits back and watches, pretending they cannot hear our cries.
I appeal to you all...HELP US! A 16 YEAR OLD ZIMBABWEAN...... DEAR FRIEND, IN WORLD WAR II WHILE HITLER WAS BRUTALLY TAKING OVER THE WORLD, THERE WAS AN ADVISOR TO CHURCHILL WHO ORGANISED A GROUP OF PEOPLE WHO DROPPED WHAT THEY WERE DOING EVERY NIGHT AT A PRESCRIBED TIME FOR JUST ONE MINUTE TO COLLECTIVELY PRAY FOR THE SAFETY OF ENGLAND, ITS' PEOPLE AND PEACE.THINGS DRASTICALLY CHANGED AND WELL, THE REST IS HISTORY. ... GOD IS THE ANSWER ... AND PRAYER IS THE ONLY WAY FOR ZIMBABWE! IN VIEW OF THE CURRENT STATE OF AFFAIRS IN ZIMBABWE WE ARE ORGANISING A DAILY ONE MINUTE PRAYER TIME AT 8 A.M. OR 1 P.M. OR 8.00 P.M. AT ANY ONE OF THESE TIMES, PLEASE STOP WHATEVER YOU ARE DOING AND SPEND THAT ONE MINUTE PRAYING FOR GOD TO INTERVENE IN THE AFFAIRS OF OUR COUNTRY.SOMEONE SAID IF CHRISTIANS REALLY UNDERSTOOD THE FULL EXTENT OF THE POWER WE HAVE AVAILABLE THROUGH PRAYER, WE MIGHT BE SPEECHLESS.OUR PRAYERS ARE THE MOST POWERFUL ASSET WE HAVE. TOGETHER. WE CAN MAKE A DIFFERENCE.IF YOU KNOW ANY OTHER CHRISTIAN BROTHER AND SISTER WHO WOULD LIKE TO PARTICIPATE IN THIS POWERFUL EXERCISE, PLEASE PASS THIS ALONG.THANK YOU, ZIMBABWE24-hour Solidarity Vigil
Billy Graham's daughter was interviewed on the Early Show and Jane Clayson asked her "How could God let something like this happen?" (regarding the attacks on Sept. 11).
Anne Graham gave an extremely profound and insightful response. She said, "I believe God is deeply saddened by this, just as we are, but for years we've been telling God to get out of our schools, to get out of our government and to get out of our lives.
And being the gentleman He is, I believe He has calmly backed out. How can we expect God to give us His blessing and His protection if we demand He leave us alone?"
In light of recent events...terrorists attack, school shootings, etc. I think it started when Madeleine Murray O'Hare (she was murdered, her body found recently) complained she didn't want prayer in our schools, and we said OK.
Then someone said you better not read the Bible in school . the Bible says thou shalt not kill, thou shalt not steal, and love your neighbor as yourself. And we said OK.
Then Dr. Benjamin Spock said we shouldn't spank our children when they misbehave because their little personalities would be warped and we might damage their self-esteem (Dr. Spock's son committed suicide). We said an expert should know what he's talking about. And we said OK.
Now we're asking ourselves why our children have no conscience, why they don't know right from wrong, and why it doesn't bother them to kill strangers, their classmates, and themselves.
Probably, if we think about it long and hard enough, we can figure it out. I think it has a great deal to do with "WE REAP WHAT WE SOW."
Funny how simple it is for people to trash God and then wonder why the world's going to hell. Funny how we believe what the newspapers say, but question what the Bible says.
Funny how you can send 'jokes' through e-mail and they spread like wildfire but when you start sending messages regarding the Lord, people think twice about sharing.
Funny how lewd, crude, vulgar and obscene articles pass freely through cyberspace, but public discussion of God is suppressed in the school and workplace.
Are you laughing?
Funny how when you forward this message, you will not send it to many on your address list because you're not sure what they believe, or what they WILL think of you for sending it. Funny how we can be more worried about what other people think of us than what God thinks of us.
Pass it on if you think it has merit. If not then just discard it... no one will know you did. But, if you discard this thought process, don't sit back and complain about what bad shape the world is in!!
Cancer Update from John Hopkins
1. Every person has in the body. These do not show up in the standard tests until they have multiplied to a few billion. When doctors tell cancer patients that there are no more cancer cells in their bodies after treatment, it just means the tests are unable to detect the because they have not reached the detectable size.?
2. occur between 6 to more than 10 times in a person's lifetime.
3. When the person's immune system is strong the will be destroyed and prevented from multiplying and forming tumors.
4. When a person has cancer it indicates the person has multiple nutritional deficiencies. ?These could be due to genetic, environmental, food and lifestyle factors.
5. To overcome the multiple nutritional deficiencies, changing diet and including supplements will strengthen the immune system.
6. Chemotherapy involves poisoning the rapidly growing and also destroys rapidly-growing healthy cells in the bone marrow, gastro-intestinal tract, etc, and can cause organ damage, like liver, kidneys, heart, lungs, etc.
7. Radiation while destroying also burns, scars and damages healthy cells, tissues and organs.
8. Initial treatment with chemotherapy and radiation will often reduce tumor size. However prolonged use of chemotherapy and radiation do not result in more tumor destruction.
9 When the body has too much toxic burden from chemotherapy and radiation the immune system is eit her compromised or destroyed, hence the person can succumb to various kinds of infections and complications.
10. Chemotherapy and radiation can cause to mutate and become resistant and difficult to destroy. Surgery can also cause to spread to other sites.
11. An effective way to battle cancer is to starve the by not feeding it with the foods it needs to multiply.
a. Sugar is a cancer-feeder.? By cutting off s u gar it cuts off one important food supply to the . Sugar substitutes like NutraSweet, Equal, Spoonful, etc. are made with Aspartame and it is harmful. ?A better natural substitute would be Manuka honey or molasses, but only in very small amounts. Table salt has a chemical added to make it white in color. Better alternative is Bragg's aminos or sea salt.
b. Milk causes the body to produce mucus, especially in the gastro-intestinal tract. Cancer feeds on mucus. By cutting off milk and substituting with unsweetened soya milk are being starved.?
c. thrive in an acid environment. A meat-based diet is acidic and it is best to eat fish and a little chicken rather than beef or pork. Meat also contains livestock antibiotics, growth hormones and parasites, which are all harmful, especially to people with cancer.
d. A diet made of 80% fresh vegetables and juice, whole grains, seeds, nuts and a little fruit helps put the body into an alkaline environment.? About 20% can be from cooked food including beans. Fresh vegetable juices provide live enzymes that are easily absorbed and reach down to cellular levels within 15 minutes to nourish and enhance growth of healthy cells. To obtain live enzymes for building healthy cells try and drink fresh vegetable juice (most vegetables including bean sprouts) and eat some raw vegetables 2 or 3 times a day. Enzymes are destroyed at temperatures of 104 degrees F (40 degrees C).
e. Avoid coffee, tea, and chocolate, which have high caffeine. ?Green tea is a better alternative and has cancer-fighting properties.? Water:? best to drink purified water, or filtered, to avoid known toxins and heavy metals in tap water.? Distilled water is acidic; avoid it.
12. Meat protein is difficult to digest and requires a lot of digestive enzymes. Undigested meat remaining in the intestines becomes putrified and leads to more toxic buildup.
13. Cancer cell walls have a tough protein covering.? By refraining from or eating less meat it frees more enzymes to attack the protein walls of and allows the body's killer cells to destroy the .
14. Some supplements build up the immune system (IP6, Flor-ssence, Essiac, anti-oxidants, vitamins, minerals, EFAs etc.) to enable the body's own ki ller cells to destroy . Other supplements like Vitamin E are known to cause apoptosis, or programmed cell death, the body's normal method of disposing of damaged, unwanted, or unneeded cells.
15. Cancer is a disease of the mind, body, and spirit. A proactive and positive spirit will help the cancer warrior be a survivor.? Anger, unforgiveness and bitterness put the body into a stressful and acidic environment.? Learn to have a loving and forgiving spirit. ?Learn to relax and enjoy life.
16. cannot thrive in an oxygenated environment.? Exercising daily, and deep breathing help to get more oxygen down to the cellular level.? Oxygen therapy is another means employed to destroy .
PLEASE FORWARD THIS TO PEOPLE YOU CARE ABOUT.
CANCER UPDATE FROM JOHN HOPKINS HOSPITAL , US - PLEASE READ
1. No plastic containers in micro.
2. No water bottles in freezer.
3. No plastic wrap in microwave.
has recently sent this out in its newsletters. This information is being circulated at Walter Reed Army Medical Center as well.
of inner peace. Because this new sense of being at one with the universe
is so important, I thought I would pass it on to you...... my dear friends.
for me and we all could use more calm in our lives. By following the simple
advice I heard on a Dr. Phil show, I have finally found inner peace.
Dr. Phil proclaimed that the way to achieve inner
peace is to finish all the things you have started. So I looked around my
house to see things I started and hadn't finished; and before leaving the house
this morning I finished off a bottle of Absolut, a bottle of Cuervo, a bottle of Baileys, a bottle of Kahlua, a package of Oreos, the remainder of both my Prozac and Valium prescriptions, the rest of the cheesecake, some saltines and a box of chocolates.
You have no idea how good I feel.
A young boy had just received his driver's permit and asked
His father if they could discuss his use of the car. His father said he'd Make a deal with his son. "You bring your grades up from a C to a B Average, study your Bible a little, get your hair cut and we'll talk about The car."
The boy thought about that for a moment, decided he'd settle for the offer and they agreed on it. After about six weeks his father said, "Son, I've been real proud. You brought your grades up and I've observed that you have been studying your Bible, but I'm real disappointed you didn't get Your hair cut."
The young man paused a moment then said, "You know, Dad, I've been Thinking about that, and I've noticed in my studies of the Bible that Samson had , John the Baptist had long hair, Moses had long hair And there's even a strong argument that Jesus had long hair."
To this his father replied, "Did you also notice that they all walked
Everywhere they went?"