Custom Search

Please pass this on

Subject: Please pass this on, it has been confirmed by Telstra & Australia Police

I got a call last night from an individual identifying himself as an Telstra Service technician who was conducting a test on our Telephone lines.
He stated that to complete the test I should touch nine(9),zero ( 0), hash (#) and then hang up.
Luckily, I was suspicious and refused. Upon contacting the telephone company, I was informed that by pushing 90#, you give the Requesting individual full access to your telephone line, which allows Them to place long distance telephone calls billed to your home phone number.
I was further informed that this scam has been originating from many of the local gaols/prisons.
DO NOT press 90# for ANYONE. PLEASE pass this on to your friends.
If you have mailing lists and/or newsletters from organizations you are connected with, I encourage you to pass this on.


Stephen Cooper
Detective Senior Constable 29748
Victoria Police State Crime Squads
Level 12, 412 St. Kilda Road , Melbourne
(03) 9865 2663 or 0414644499
Stephen.cooper@police.vic.gov.au

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please note: Spam messages will not be published!