Custom Search

Selecting beads for a new journal


This is how I arrange my beads before starting to stitch a journal. It gives me a clear view of how the beads will match the cover design. Sometimes I re-do them five or even six time before I am happy with how they look.

I love making beads and over the last couple of months I have made literally thousands of them and have beads in different stages of completeness. Some still need to be varnished and some are waiting to be adorned with gold thread while some need to be painted before they get put in the varnishing box.

I check each old magazine before I throw it out for pretty pages. As time goes on I am getting more and more selective with which pages to save for making beads. Sometimes I think I was put on this earth to make beads. Whenever I feel I want to relax, I go make beads. ...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please note: Spam messages will not be published!