Custom Search

Decoupage: Working on plastic

Decoupage: Working with plastic.

This is a cheap flea market plastic tray.
It is quite sturdy, with sharp edges and structural lines.
I used three different large tile prints to decorate this item,
then varnished with clear water based varnish ... Royal Coat by Plaid.

The plastic was first sanded back to give the item a bit of a tooth so the paint would adher properly.
I then applied a coat of Liquited Matt Medium as a base coat and allowed that to cure for a couple of days before commencing with applying the background colour. For the very dark almost black color, I used burnt umber and pthalo blue mixed on the actual item as I brushed them on. I put a bit of each on the brush and used very loose brush stroked to create the almost black look. I used more of the burnt umber than I did blue. When I was happy with the background colour, I applied the square tiles using "Royal Coat" by Plaid as the decoupage paste, and then varnished with Royal Coat.

It is hard to believe it is plastic as the decoupage gives it a deep luxirous glow.

You can find lots of decoupage and craft print on CD's right here and on my website..
http://artbyjean.org
My craft prints can be used for tea bag folding, decoupage, home decorating, scrapbooking and other paper craft. My designs include borders, tea bag tiles, decoupage prints, stripes, plaids, novelty signs, florals, fruit and vegetable designs, scrapbooking pages that you can print yourself from your PC or Mac, Various shapes in Tea Bag Tiles ... oval tiles, square tiles, round tiles, split tiles, flower tiles with 6 petals and flower tiles with 8 petals. Included on most of my CD's are circle templates that can be used to layout your medallions with 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, or even more segments. These can also be used when doing decoupage to layout your prints evenly spaced in a circular pattern.

For ideas and inspiration on what to decorate refer to the extensive list in the sidebar.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please note: Spam messages will not be published!