Custom Search

How to make a bead necklace for boys.


Today I am making little necklaces for Operation Christmas Child. They are being made with pony beads, handmade beads, donated beads and donated string. They are going to cost me (personally) around 10 cents each to make. ... Cool huh! ... Today I am concentrating on making ones suitable for little boys. The boys don't get as much stuff donated as the girls. I try to make them all different. Above is a picture of one of them. You can use up all the extra brown and black beads you have when making for boys.

Layout the beads in the order you want them. Measure a piece of string about 1 metre (or 40 inches) long. Tie a knot near the very end (one end only). Then tie another knot about 23 cm (9 inches) from that. Start stringing the beads as you had them laid out. Tie knots after each group of beads if you want spaces in the design (like the one above). I like the spaces because I think they make the necklace look more interesting. Then finally, repeat the knotting at the end, to match the beginning, and cut off any excess string.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please note: Spam messages will not be published!