Custom Search

How to make a Happy Birthday Card



For this card, I used a Birthday Cake Print which you can find on the freebies slide. If there are none there today, keep checking, they will be back!
The first think I did, was print the cake print in a size to suit the card. I then got a rough idea as to where I was going to put it but did not attached it to the card as yet.
I used special artist calligraphy felt pens to draw the streamers across the front of the card. These have flat shaped points so you get the lines in varying thickness. This is not quite necessary, an ordinary felt pent will look just as nice. I used three different colours for my lines to match the cake print. Then I made some dots. I used an old circle template from my school days to make the dots, but you can draw them by hand. You could also use punches or punchies as you may call them to add the dots.
Another way you could add the "streamers" across the page is to cut them out of scraps of coloured paper, or from old magazine pages that have large areas of plain colours.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please note: Spam messages will not be published!